Sunday, September 14, 2008

ARMAGEDDONS REAL AND IMAGINED

Yes there are certain unpleasant realities and our extraordinary temporal finitude often strikes us as a cause for desperate cognitive measures. Hence we have religion and other causes for hope. I know of no way to avoid being personally affected by the unpleasantries of human existence and the often unpleasant and apparently unjust end of human existences.

I suppose we stare into the void with a combination of fear and loathing. Perhaps some have found a genuine equanimity about it all. The point of this discussion is simply to say that we all have a personal Armageddon sooner or later.

Similarly catastrophes and widespread human suffering has led to myths about the end of the world. The focus of this site will probably be more to the real ways the human race or life on earth could actually be destroyed, either by our own activities or by various, geological, climatic or celestial phenomena.

I wanted to enjoy some of these end times videos simply because of how impressive they are.

Let us laugh in the face of the omnipotent universe. 500 kilometer asteroid! I spit on you! Yet let us not submit to cowering religion embracing superstition and ignorance as authority! Science is our beacon in the night of our own ignorance and nightmares.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
JUST A BLOGGER WHO HOPES THAT VARIOUS EDUCATIONAL METHODS AND TECHNIQUES CAN BE UTILIZED TO HELP LIBERATE SOCIETY. SOME BLOGS ARE MORE THEORETICAL AND OTHERS ARE MORE FOCUSED ON WHAT I PERCEIVE TO BE CURRENT EVENTS. MANY TIMES A BLOG CONTAINS THE SEEDS OF MANY POSSIBLE LONGER ARTICLES AND ANYONE IS WELCOME TO TAKE THESE IDEAS TO TOWN! CURRENTLY I HAVE SOME BLOGS CLUSTERING AROUND ISRAEL AND PALESTINE, ANOTHER CLUSTER IS ABOUT OBAMA AND ANOTHER IS ABOUT THE CAPITALIST MELTDOWN. ANOTHER CLUSTER IS ABOUT ECOCATASTROPHE. ALL OF THIS IS BESIDE THE MAIN FOCUS OF THESE BLOGS WHICH IS LIBERATION FRAMEWORKS OF WHICH THERE ARE QUITE A FEW. FEMINISMS, SOCIALISMS, ANARCHISMS, COMMUNISMS,WORKING CLASS RULE AND OTHER SWELL IDEAS ARE JUST A FEW OF THE FOCI. NOTHING IN MY BLOGS SHOULD BE INTERPRETED AS SUPPORT FOR ANY ILLEGAL OR MORALLY REPREHENSIBLE ACTIVITY IN ANY NATION AT ANY TIME. FOR EXAMPLE I DO NOT ENCOURAGE THE CONTINUANCE OF IMPERIALISM AND CAPITALIST EXPLOITATION, VERY NAUGHTY THINGS INDEED!

Followers